Next week at the Design Automation Conference, a few leading EDA bloggers are arranging an impromptu "Birds of a Feather" session at DAC. There have been several posts discussing the event. Informal Blogging Event at DAC Gains Interest has a good summary.
Although I'm not sure I'll be going down to Anaheim, I'm very intrigued by the event and would like to attend. What topics would EDA bloggers talk about? Here are some that I would like to discuss with my brethren:
- Online magazines, vendor communities, "DeepChip", and blogs: what each is good for.
- What to write about. What not to write about. What I really want to write about, but am afraid to.
- Frequency and regularity of posting.
- How to build audience. How to track audience. Support each other through linking and commenting. Use pictures? Polls?
- How to foster discussions. Pros and cons of comments. Need for an all-EDA bulletin board.
- Team blogging. (multiple authors contributing to one blog)
- Beyond blogging: social networks (LinkedIn, Plaxo). The Twitter phenomenon.
- Can you make any money? Ads: google or sponsored.
- For readers: how to find and follow blogs.