Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Happy Birthday SPICE

Another day, another birthday. Coming soon is a big one, for SPICE [Wikipedia], one of the very first EDA programs. It is still vibrant and vital today, after 36 years of the semiconductor revolution.

Read more about its history and how it works in Circuit Simulation - Part One - SPICE Turns Thirty-Six. It's a nice article where you will either learn a little circuit theory, or have flashbacks of courses you took a long time ago. I used to be able to do these equations in my sleep. Let's not talk about my "current" capability.

If you'd like to learn more about SPICE, look for the blogger to post more parts in his series. There's also The SPICE Book, authored by one of the SPICE developers.

2 comments:

ColinW said...

Hi John, Thanks for the plug. Look for the next episode later this month which will cover reactive and four-terminal elements.

Nice blog! I'll add you to my blogroll.

-- Colin

Colin Warwick said...

OK I posted part two at http://signal-integrity-tips.com/2009/circuit-simulation-part-two-how-various-components-and-analyses-are-handled/