Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Existentialist EDA

I'm getting tired (so tired! --Bauhaus) of waiting on vendors who promise that all our problems with their product will be fixed in the next release!

I told an EDA vendor that waiting for their tool to improve reminded me of the play Waiting for Godot. I thought this quite clever, but they didn't seem to. Maybe they didn't have to read it in college?

It might be fun to cast EDA persons into the play. Who would play the roles?

Vladimir
The tramp who struts about stiff-legged due to a painful bladder condition.
Estragon
The tramp who complains of his ill-fitting boots
Pozzo
cruel but lyrically gifted man
Lucky
servant
The Boy
messenger
Godot
?

Here's my literary interpretation:

  • Clearly, Vladimir and Estragon are the afflicted customers.
  • Pozzo is either the sales or marketing guy (I often forget the difference).
  • Lucky is the poor FAE.
  • The Boy is post-sales support.
  • Godot is ??? Hey, I don't have all the answers, use your imagination!

1 comment:

John said...

ESL?